It is always a difficult task writing a paper in one day more so the large ones as they involve collection of information which might take a lot of time. It is not always possible to complete some papers within short deadlines but there are some strategies that a student can implement to beat the deadlines quickly producing quality work.
Conducive environment of writing a research paper in one day
There are some things that you should consider when writing a research paper with an aim of completing it on one day. These are conditions which you should put yourself in in order to successfully complete your assignment.
- Don’t panic. Yes, you’ve got yourself into an unpleasant situation and will have to mobilize all your resources to successfully deal with it.
- Divide the time you have into segments dedicated to specific tasks. There are a lot of stages you need to pass through while writing an academic paper – information collection, reading the sources and making notes, organizing your notes, planning your essay, determining your thesis statement, writing per se, formatting, proofreading, etc.
- Eliminate all possible distractions during the writing process. Turn off your phone and all the notifications you receive. If you live not alone, tell those around you that you are not to be bothered for the entire day today.
- Take regular breaks. The prolonged work brings diminishing returns as you get more and more tired. Research-tested benefits of breaks prove this fact.
- Try a change of scenes. If you find yourself incapable of concentrating in your usual workspace, try going somewhere else.
- Don’t neglect food and water. Good hydration is instrumental for clear thinking, and food will maintain your energy levels that will certainly be drained before you are done with your paper.
Preparation for writing an urgent paper
Make sure you understand the essay question(s). When you are under the time pressure, it is likely easy to skim over the question to get to writing faster. Don’t do this – it is all too easy to miss some crucial details and realize it only when you reread the question after the essay is finished.
Find reliable information sources in advance. If you already know which books you are going to use, it’s excellent.
Prepare your thesis statement. A thesis statement is a short (no more than a couple of sentences at most) expression of the main gist of your argument.
Writing an urgent paper
- Speed things up by typing your notes in the same document you use for writing an essay. For example, plan out what exactly you are going to write in each paragraph: write a single sentence describing the main point it covers and a couple of lines that support the evidence for each paragraph.
- Arrange an outline that is basically the gist of your essay without all the usual filler, padding, and quotations. Your job now is to provide exactly this. Spread out your arguments, add citations from your sources, make sure paragraphs flow into one another logically, fill in the blanks, and you will see how the essay grows around the frame.
- Don’t bother with introduction and conclusion until you’ve written everything else. The introduction comes first for the reader but not for you. It should be written from the perspective of someone who already knows everything there.
- Concentrate on one task at a time. Right now, it is writing. Don’t get distracted by correcting typos or mistakes until you’ve finished typing the whole essay unless you get really bothered by red underline in Microsoft Word.
- Don’t plagiarize. As you write, you may be tempted to simply copy and paste a sentence or two here and there to speed up the process.